Monday, May 14, 2012

Business Reflection

Looking at the goals that I had set for myself at the beginning of my business, I would say that my business is a success. The only goal that I had set for myself was for the business to support itself, not focusing on the amount of profit that the business would yield. I did get some profit, around $90, but I had expected more. Rather, as I was working, it felt as if I should have made more money than I did. I underestimated how hard cake decorating is, for in the past I have only done it recreationally. Work is work, I realized, and when you have to do something, it isn't that much fun. My business was booming before spring break, but then I stopped advertising because it just got too much for me to upkeep with sports and school. Looking back, I should have put hours on the business and said that I would only bake cakes on the weekend, when I have all the time to make the cake. Also, I realize that I undercharged for my cakes by around $20. Meaning, I would have made so much more profit if I had increased the price of my cakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment